Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Family

Hello out there in blog-land! Sorry I haven't been very good about updating this month. It's kind of funny how the allure of blogging has sort of worn off since about 3/4 of my job is writing things in a computer journal. But... I really do need to write in here more often, as it's a great way to get things out of my mind and onto the "page."

So, why don't I just jump right into it? My family has really been on my heart lately, more than usual. There's just a lot going on. I don't want to get too specific or personal, but I've been spending a lot of time trying not to worry, but trying to let God be in control. It's hard to let go sometimes, though, knowing that my family doesn't talk to the Lord, let alone give their problems up to Him. But then, who am I to try to fix things?

I will go into detail on just one specific issue, which is my mom's father. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease just a few months ago, and it's astonishing how quickly he's deteriorating. In that short time we've moved him up a floor in his retirement home where he was able to receive greater care from the nursing staff. This weekend we're moving him down the street to an Alzheimer's care facility. It's breaking my mom's heart, and completely overwhelming and consuming all of her time and energy. She comes home every night totally exhausted, and then stays up late trying to catch up on things. She's trying to be super-mom/daughter/wife/employee, when she really just needs to surrender to the Lord.

Anyway, sorry for the downer post. Here, let me try to put the positive spin on it... Everyone needs to be broken before they can be lifted up and healed and made whole. Though it's difficult to see my family hurting right now, I will trust that the Lord has a perfect plan in all of this. I know that He is the One who can bring us true peace and joy, and I will wait expectantly for the day when my family cries out to Him and surrenders to His perfect love. Now that, my friends, is what I call a happy ending. Can't wait! :)

1 comment:

adam koller said...

update time... Am I going to have to start calling you Beka? :)