Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pins and Needles

Let me start off by saying that this post will have nothing to do with sewing or drug paraphernalia. The reason I am on pins and needles is because I am waiting to hear back from the company I have been interviewing and job shadowing with these past couple of weeks. I finally got really antsy and called one of the managers, only to get her voicemail, which informed me that she is, in fact, on vacation this week. Argh! So I called another of the managers, and she confirmed that, yes, they are waiting on the first manager's return before making their decision. I guess it at least gives me a few days' peace, knowing that I don't have to fly into hyperdrive every time my phone rings (or doesn't ring).

My guess is that there is a big lesson from the Lord in here somewhere, but I have yet to discover exactly what that lesson is. However, it seems trust and patience are always key ingredients in His lessons for me. Why is it that I am so lacking in these areas? Can I blame it on human nature, or am I just especially needy? Sometimes I feel like a toddler grabbing onto my daddy's pant leg, demanding to know when, why, how, what, and who (over and over and over again).

I must confess that I haven't done my morning devotional yet (give me a little slack regarding the time, please, as I am preparing to work late tonight and tried to sleep in as long as possible). However, being that I am currently in the last chapter of the gospel of John, I have a feeling that the Word will (as always) show me exactly what I need today.

1 comment:

adam koller said...

I lean toward especially needy... ;) See the comforting part in all of this is that you will look back in five years on this situation on go, "oh, that is why this happened, Lord, you are awesome!" But if I were you I would call that manager that is on "vacation" just to make sure the rest of the day :)